[Lazarus] Custom variant "not supported" ?

Maik Wojcieszak maikwo at googlemail.com
Thu Sep 16 09:27:02 CEST 2010

Hi,

I've implemented a custom variant in delphi an tried to port it to lazarus.

A lot of TCustomVariantType seems not to be supported.
Example:

procedure TCustomVariantType.VarDataInit(var Dest: TVarData);
begin
  NotSupported('TCustomVariantType.VarDataInit');
end;

Also the functions to implement methods and properties seem not to be
implemeted.
I get a DispInvoke not supported message when running my program.

Searching the internet for examples how to implement custom variants did
not bring up
a lot. It seems that even in delphi it is a rarely used feature.

Is there a way to implement the custom variant with methods and properties
in lazarus ?

Maik