[Lazarus] Threads in Lazarus code base

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Sep 16 09:52:35 CEST 2010

2010/9/15 David W Noon :

> I think Graeme's point is that FPC's linkage to GDB is made up largely
> of chewing gum and string as it is, so adding multi-threading does not
> make any significant increase in the difficulty.

You understood me correctly.

> This now brings us to the idea of building a debugger more suitable to
> FPC, Lazarus and the Pascal language generally.

The project Sven mentioned is Windows only. There is another project
called 'duby' which is trying to achieve what you mention. I test it
every now and again under 64-bit Linux. Duby is hosted on
SourceForge.net. I also hope some day duby can replace the gdb
requirement and have better support for Object Pascal language
features.

  svn co https://duby.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/duby

  - Graeme -