[Lazarus] Threads in Lazarus code base

Juha Manninen (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Sep 17 11:48:17 CEST 2010

On Friday 17 September 2010 11:47:12 Florian Klaempfl wrote:
> Same can be said about goto and labels. Very intuitive and simple why
> bother about while, for, repeat loops?

Well, it is a valid comparison. I remember reading about new syntax in some
languages. One is a "future variable" which you calculate in one place and
then use later. Actually the compiler creates a thread for the calculation and
does "waitfor" when the result is used first time. Cool!

Another was the "parallel" keyword for loops. Cool as well!

Then there was the closure / anonymous function in Delphi .NET.
I forgot the details how it helps threading.

Anyway, I am happy if the new syntax is on a ToDo list for FPC.
It will make things again easier and more intuitive.
And it proves Pascal is in good shape for future computing challenges.

Juha