[Lazarus] Debugging under Lazarus

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 11:20:41 CEST 2010

Thanks guys.  That is what I was afraid of.  I did notice a few
changes in the declarations and had to tweak my assignments for field
creation statements (inside my api) when I did the upgrade to the
DBMS.  At the time I was using MYSQL5 component and it did not check
for 51 at the time.  But now that you have the 51 dedicated component
I'll switch to that.

The API I designed made the assumption that the MYSQL5 component would
connect to everything below that point.  So the API does use generic
SQL component (everywhere) however, and the specific is instantiated
only at one spot in the API when they are created.

The problem is that b/c I assumed backwards compatibility the
enumeration only features one per kind of native driver.  Which means
I'm going to need to expand my API to include at least 5 and 5.1.  And
when that happens an array of SQL statements will need to be provided
as well :-(

The only good news is that SCS (product) has not been released.  So no
real harm done.  Just more work has been realized.

But thanks for the clarification and help.

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 6:24 AM, Michael Van Canneyt
<michael at freepascal.org> wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2010, Joost van der Sluis wrote:

More information about the Lazarus mailing list