[Lazarus] Can I run Lazarus well on a 512Mb VM

de_jean_7777 de_jean_7777 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 21 15:32:27 CEST 2010

On 21 September 2010 10:08, Michael Schnell wrote:
>> thread has locked a major resource, now you suspend that thread. A
>> instant deadlock occurs because that thread will never release that
>> resource.
>>
> I used threads very often and I never used "suspend" and friends for
> synchronizing.

I never suspend threads either, but I did play with that function (and
all other functions associated with TThread) while I created a Thread
Manager Demo application. The demo was part of my work, by evaluating
FPC's TThread support on various platforms and to see if functionality
behave the same.

Initially that demo did reveal some nasties under Linux, and clearly
showed the difference between the thread schedulers of Linux and
Windows. If memory serves me well, suspending a thread caused the
whole X11 desktop UI to freeze, but I believe this behaviour was
changed in FPC.

  - Graeme -