[Lazarus] Is there a way to choose with fpc to use in lazarus command?

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Sat Sep 25 22:48:27 CEST 2010

On 25 September 2010 21:30, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 21:13:32 +0100
> Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:

> > > The configuration of Lazarus is created, at the first time, in
> > > C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\lazarus\
> > > You can modify these files, manually, or you can use the IDE to modify
> > > them.
> > > After, copy this folder to other place and use the parameter
> > > --pcp=<your new config folder> like this (on Windows):
> > >
> > > start lazarus --pcp=c:\your_config_folder

> > > passed
> > >
> > > You can use the enviroment variable PPC_CONFIG_PATH to set where is
> > > the fpc.cfg file.

> > > always
> > >
> > > I use FPC 2.5.1 and Laz 0.9.29.
> > >

> > Can you set which ppc386 file to use in the fpc.cfg?
>
> No. The fpc.cfg is read by the ppc386.
>

> > Is there a way to automatically generate the right fpc.cfg based on which
> > ppc386 your are using. Sven Barth has shown me a way to tell the fpc
> which
> > ppc386 to use, but I am looking for a way to set it in the IDE or in the
> > fpc.cfg
>
> What's wrong with
> IDE menu / Environment / Options ... / Environment /
> Files / compiler path
> ?

Because the caption of the compiler path settings says "Compiler path (e.g.
fpc)" I thought it had to be set to the bin/fpc. It is now set to ppc386

I am now get the dreaded "Fatal: Can't find unit Contnrs used by xxxxx"
error, yet it is located in  <source_dir>/packages/fcl-base/src/contnrs.pp

> Mattias
>
> --

Frank Church