[Lazarus] Lazarus Digest, Vol 32, Issue 79

Benito van der Zander benito at benibela.de
Sun Sep 26 23:15:03 CEST 2010

On 25 September 2010 23:04, Mattias Gaertner <nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de>wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Sep 2010 22:43:48 +0100
> Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >[...]
> xxxxx"
> > >  <source_dir>/packages/fcl-base/src/contnrs.pp
> > >
> > > The compiler searches the ppu.
> > > The error message probably means the compiler found ppu files compiled
> > > with a different version. Note: The Contnrs is just the first unit the
> > > compiler misses.
> > > Have you compiled lazarus with the new compiler?
> > >

> > I am sure I did, because the latest svn needs to be compiled with fpc
> 2.4.0.
>
> Good.
>

> > I think I may have deleted the .o and.ppu file for contnrs because
> googling
> > indicated that they may be corrupted or something.
>
> I hope yo only deleted the 2.2.4 ppus, not the 2.4.0 ppu.
> Do you have the 2.4.0 contnrs.ppu?
>

> > When I pass the mouse over the file names, I get the popups showing the
> file
> > location correctly, except for contnrs. Does the IDE obtain the filename
> > from the .o or .ppu files, or my scanning the source directory?
>
> The fpc source directories are special.
> The IDE searches the contnrs.ppu in the ppu search path of the
> compiler. If it finds it, it searches the source in the FPC source
> directories.
>

> > The contnrs file is in the  <fpc_source_dir>/packages/fcl-base/src
> > directory. Can the IDE locate them there?
> >
> > If I delete them can't Lazarus recompile them again?
>
> No.
> The fpc ppu files are installed by you.

I believe all the problems were the result of using an fpc 2.4.0 created by
fpc 2.2.4 to compile Lazarus. I thought the make install PP=/new/fpc2.4.0
would work. But I had to recompile the new fpc 2.4.0 source tree using the
new fpc 2.4.0 to get things to work.

Is that the most likely reason for those errors?

> Mattias
>
> --

Frank Church