[Lazarus] Lazarus and FPC versions for Ubuntu 10?

ABorka fpc-devel at aborka.com
Sun Sep 26 23:55:27 CEST 2010

Hi,

I would do a build of FPC and Lazarus from SVN trunk.
It works for me superbly and I don't have to worry about updates or
keeping up-to-date with FPC/Lazarus.
Nor waiting years for the latest packages to be updated and included in
Ubuntu.
The 2.5.1 trunk of FPC has a ton of new features and fixes/updates which
I need and use without a problem.

Building FPC and Lazarus from SVN can be a little bit tricky until one
gets it right, but once you have it you will not look back.

I can list my step by step install if you need (the first PITA item on
the list is to install the VMWare tools into your Ubuntu so you will
have copy/paste for the build process commands. This requires some
kernel sources, etc.).

AB