[Lazarus] Configuration data in Linux?

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 08:24:38 CEST 2010

On 9/27/2010 05:38, Bo Berglund wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 11:09 AM, Lukasz Sokol<el.es.cr at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Posting via nntp on gmane has proven to be problematic (with the
>> gmail = googlemail duality - gmane converted @gmail to @googlemail (or v/v) and
>> the mailing list did not tolerate that).
>>
> But it means having to activate the mail delivery option in the list
> and thereby getting
> a *lot* of messages into the regular inbox...

doesn't your mail reader have filtering capabilities so you can toss those
messages into dedicated folders for them? my thunderbird sure does and all mail
is placed into special folders for reading... my folder for this area is under a
top level "programing" folder, a "pascal" folder and then a "lazarus" folder...
offlist private messages are handled similarly...

    programing/pascal/lazarus
    programing/pascal/lazarus/offlist

other emails, plain and lists related, are stored in similar fashion... it keeps
the inbox uncluttered except for things that have not yet had filters written
for them... some of those never will but still...

the point is, learn your software and how to use it then put it to work /for/
you instead of it making you work ;)