[Lazarus] Using Lazarus on Embedded Linux?

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Tue Sep 28 11:27:42 CEST 2010

Michael Schnell wrote:
>  On 09/28/2010 10:18 AM, Mark Morgan Lloyd wrote:
>>
>> I wonder if I could have a reality check here.
> To be sure, you would need a decent specification by the card's
> manufacturer. Otherwise there is a problem that _can_ hit, and according
> to Murphy it _will_ hit.

Agreed. I admit I was trolling slightly there: I'd already read a spec
for an MMC device and found that the actual card (not just a host
controller) looks like a disc, so I think it's fair to assume that this
applies to just about anything these days. I was wondering though
whether anybody had any conflicting opinions.

The bottom line is that when a system gets a powerfail signal it will
unmount all filesystems and shut down. But the action of unmounting
rewrites (something equivalent to) the superblock to reset the dirty
flag, and that requires that power remains stable.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk