[Lazarus] FPC and Lazarus on ARM

Mark Morgan Lloyd markMLl.lazarus at telemetry.co.uk
Wed Apr 6 10:36:31 CEST 2011

Den Jean wrote:
> On Sunday 27 March 2011 23:13:37 Florian Klämpfl wrote:
>> Am 26.03.2011 22:02, schrieb Tobias Giesen:
>>> If anybody is looking for an ARM device, the Toshiba AC100 is pretty
>>> cool. Around 200 EUR with Cortex A9 dual core and 512 MB RAM. It is
>>> a netbook computer and has HDMI as well as USB. Mine has an 8GB SSD.
>> Hmm, would be a nice system to improve fpc arm eabi support on modern
>> ARM CPUs :)
>
> A long time ago I tried compiling Lazarus natively on the N900 (Maemo),
> it didn't work due to some arm resource compiling problems.
> As cross compiling work like a charm, I did not try for some time.
> Now with a recent trunk of fpc and lazarus, Lazarus compiles and runs
> on the device. The advantage of Maemo is that it is a fairly standard
> Linux (debian based, apt-get install whatever)
> with a Qt source compatible with Desktop Qt.
>
> Nevertheless Lazarus on the device is not usable due to the many windows
> of Lazarus that all get maximized and some other small problems.
> Lazarus can compile and run the default application project.
>

> Screenshots:
> The first screenshot is the alt-tab equivalent (composited window manager
> program/window switcher)
>
> http://users.telenet.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/N900/LazN900_AltTab.png
> http://users.telenet.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/N900/LazN900_Editor.png
> http://users.telenet.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/N900/LazN900_Main.png
> http://users.telenet.be/Jan.Van.hijfte/qtforfpc/N900/LazN900_ObjectInspector.png

That's interesting. I've now got 0.9.30 compiled to run natively on my
development "Slug" and still get an exception when changing project or
exiting- I was about to start a bug report. If you've got it running
reliably that might localise the problem to a range of CPUs.

--
Mark Morgan Lloyd
markMLl .AT. telemetry.co .DOT. uk