[Lazarus] How to minimize/restore lazarus (Ubuntu)?

ik idokan at gmail.com
Sun Apr 10 22:29:15 CEST 2011

Please see answer inline.

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 22:08, Bo Berglund <bo.berglund at gmail.com> wrote:

> I was using Lazarus to create a console application for parsing out
> data from a network speed test program.
>
> When doing this I had to look at files from the test application and
> then code back and forth. But it was very annoying that it seems not
> to be possible to minimize Lazarus and then clicking the Lazarus icon
> on the task bar to bring it all back up.
> There are a whole bunch of buttons on the tsak bar all havingf the
> Lazarus icon and when I click them I only get a single window of the
> IDE avisible each time. So I have to click them in turn one by one.
>
> Why is this so (at least in Ubuntu 10)?
> Compare to Delphi7 where there is a single minimize to use to get rid
> of all Delphi windows and a single Delphi task bnar button to restore
> *all* buttons.....

You can tell Lazarus to display one button only in the Lazarus IDE options.
The default are multi windows, but you can change it for single button.

You can also use docking manager that you can install and make Lazarus
support docking.

> Maybe there is a setting somewhere to handle this? If so please tell
> me where it is.
>

> --
> Bo Berglund
> Developer in Sweden
>

> --

Ido
LINESIP - Opening the source for communication
http://www.linesip.com
http://www.linesip.co.il