[Lazarus] Component visibility at design time

Juha (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 22:19:18 CEST 2011

patspiper kirjoitti sunnuntai, 10. huhtikuuta 2011 20:56:17:
> The button will be visible by default. The application would show or
> hide the button depending on the context.
>
> Anyway, my actual modifications to TEditBtn just add the necessary logic
> so that a descendant that can hide/show the button becomes feasible.

I think you mean component TCustomEditButton.

Your modification could be used for a filter-edit component I planned to make
and use for different list- and treeviews in Lazarus.
When empty, the control shows a gray "(filter)" or "(search)".
When user types something, an erase-button shows up. Clicking the button makes
the control empty again.
I wanted to draw an erase-button on the right end of the edit control itself,
but it may be more difficult.

Anyway, if you have modifications for TCustomEditButton which don't break
existing code, I think it can be used in LCL.

Juha