[Lazarus] How to minimize/restore lazarus (Ubuntu)?

Malcolm Poole malcolm at lingua-z.co.uk
Tue Apr 12 23:19:29 CEST 2011

On 12/04/11 15:22, ik wrote:
> 2011/4/11 Flávio Etrusco <flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
> <mailto:flavio.etrusco at gmail.com>>
>
>     >> (...)
>     >> When doing this I had to look at files from the test
>     application and
>     >> then code back and forth. But it was very annoying that it
>     seems not
>     >> to be possible to minimize Lazarus and then clicking the
>     Lazarus icon
>     >> on the task bar to bring it all back up.
>     >> There are a whole bunch of buttons on the task bar all having the
>     >> Lazarus icon and when I click them I only get a single window
>     of the
>     >> IDE visible each time. So I have to click them in turn one by one.
>     >>
>     >> Why is this so (at least in Ubuntu 10)?
>
>     These are the default behaviors of the platforms. Unfortunately
>     there's no Window Manager for Linux/X that can automatically group
>     windows of a process :-(
>

> Sure you have. I have it on my KDE (that I do not use it, but it's
> there), and I'm sure others also have it.
On Mandriva 2010.2 using KDE, if i minimize the principal Lazarus IDE
menu window, all the other windows are minimized too. If I then restore
the main window, all the other windows are also restored.

I didn't do anything to set this up - it seems to be the default on this
system and version (Lazarus SVN 27340)