[Lazarus] Metafile support

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 16:26:15 CEST 2011

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 3:52 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Is this a mix of both a font declaration and usage?
> IMO metafiles contain different instructions for these.

Well, it can always be separated if this is useful. I didn't do that
right away because then I would need to write code to manage this new
object. And because DXF puts the font size and color in the
declaration of the text, so for DXF I would need to create one new
font object for each Text object ... maybe a mixed solution is the
best. If you assign a font object then it will be used, if not, then
the inlined data will be used.

> Did you also notice that metafile fonts are managed by the metafile, i.e.
> the (GDI) objects must never be destroyed in explicit code?

I'm not sure what you mean here. fpvectorial does not use
platform-specific Metafile APIs.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho