[Lazarus] Creating SDK like system

Daniel Franzini daniel.franzini at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 17:21:43 CEST 2011

Maybe you should start making your program customizable using DLLs with GUI
resources (strings, bitmaps). That's the initial approach I would take if I
had to design such a thing.

Another thing one may use is to embed some sort of scripting languague
interpreter and exposing GUI behavior through to the interpreter. Lua,
Python and Pascal itself are good candidates.

2011/4/13 ik <idokan at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> I was requested to create a Windows program that can be changed (the
> interface) using some sort of SDK.
> I have never created such systems before, and I'm looking to understand how
> I design something like that in a program written in Lazarus.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ido
>

> LINESIP - Opening the source for communication
> http://www.linesip.com
> http://www.linesip.co.il
>

> --

Daniel

"Let us change our traditional attitude to the construction of programs.
Instead of imagining that our main task is to instruct a computer what to
do, let us concentrate rather on explaining to human beings what we want a
computer to do." (Donald Knuth)

"Yes, technogeeks can be funny, even if only to each other." (
http://www.boogieonline.com/revolution/science/humor/)"

"Man is driven to create; I know I really love to create things. And while
I'm not good at painting, drawing, or music, I can write software."
(Yukihiro Matsumoto, a.k.a. ``Matz'')