[Lazarus] [OT] About licences

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Thu Apr 14 08:50:34 CEST 2011

On 13/04/2011 08:38, t.wieckowski at gmail.com wrote:
> I'm wondering about one thing, Can I do (at all) application with
> closed source, by Linux ?
> I ask because I saw what dependencies the empty project have:

Interpreting your email slightly different to my previous reply. The
answer is again yes, you can create commercial closed-source apps for
Linux. Those dependencies you listed, are runtime dependencies, and not
staticly linked into your application. So the LGPL license allows you to
keep your application source code closed-sourced. This is exactly why
LGPL was created - giving you the freedom to use various LGPL licensed
libraries with ease, even in closed-source apps.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/