[Lazarus] Menu caption standards

Juha (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 09:06:07 CEST 2011

Graeme Geldenhuys kirjoitti tiistai, 19. huhtikuuta 2011 09:35:01:
> On 19/04/2011 01:08, Flávio Etrusco wrote:
> > so it should be used for
> > any menu that invokes a dialog, no matter it's modal or not.
>
> That's not the case in Mozilla Thunderbird. Only modal dialogs have the
> ellipsis in the menu item. Examples:
>
>  *  'Tools > Preferences' does not.
>  *  'File > New > Message' does not.
>  *  'File > Print' does because it is modal.
>  etc...

Yes, the conventions are not very strict in this case.

Now the use of 3 dots In Lazarus is more consistent than it used to be.
I can add the dots also to all View-menu items + other places that show
dialogs, if it's the preferred way. What do others say?

User interfaces are difficult to design because there is no single right
solution, it is always a matter of opinion.

Juha