[Lazarus] screen.cursor := crHourglass and Linux

DSK pnewbieii at gmail.com
Tue Apr 19 20:45:32 CEST 2011

On Tue, 19 Apr 2011 08:25:49 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:

> NOTE:
> The issue is only if you call DisplayCursor() without storing the result
> in a local variable.

Good lord.  That's a very interesting "gotcha". I'm very appreciative
that you've caught this.

It seemed to work fine in the trivial example that I used to test it but
then, it would seem that I didn't test it very well now did I. After
putting a break-point in the Destroy event [after wasting 3 hours of my
live trying find out how to write to the messages window - and failing]
it does stop there right after the object is created.

It would seem then that the only option is to create a variable where-
ever you want to change the cursor for the extent of the method it is
declared in ... bummer.

Thanks,
Dave

PS, I'm using the git repository that you maintain - HUGE thanks for this.