[Lazarus] Menu caption standards

Juha (gmail) juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 16:25:17 CEST 2011

Flávio Etrusco kirjoitti tiistai, 19. huhtikuuta 2011 23:42:31:
> Thanks a lot for all answers. Sorry for the noise, I stand corrected :-)

It is not noise, those are valid comments.

It seems the convention varies from program to program. For example the KDE
programs I am looking have File -> Open ... (with dots) although it just opens
the KDE open dialog.
Then they have many items that open a big dialog yet have no dots.

I don't know if the Lazarus menus are "corrent" now but at least they are
consistent (more or less).
If the modeless window menu items need '...' then it must be added to all of
them. I personally like to have them visually different from modal dialogs
because those menu entries don't always open a new window, they can also bring
focus to an existing already opened window.

Juha