[Lazarus] CodeTools facility for documenting source code?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Apr 20 16:57:12 CEST 2011

On 20/04/2011 16:47, William Oliveira Ferreira wrote:
> called __history that stores these files. Should be a good idea if
> lazarus do something like?

That's just duplication of what VCS or SCM systems already do (well the
good ones at least). I can search my git repositories for a patch/commit
containing a snippet of code etc without problems. I can search the
repository history for text in the commit logs/comments. 'git blame' can
instantly show me who last worked on each line of code in a unit. 'git
log' or 'gitk' shows the full history of the repository, branches,
merges etc and how they tie together etc..

Bottom line, use the correct SCM for the job.  ;-)

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/