[Lazarus] Message Loop paused when no interaction with mouse?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Apr 21 10:06:47 CEST 2011

On 04/20/2011 06:05 PM, Luca Olivetti wrote:

> I don't know, but I've been using for a long time a 10ms timer that
> just does CheckSynchronize:
> under windows when you're dragging a windows it seems that the main
> loop doesn't fire, so Synchronize calls are blocked,

Synchronize supposedly is blocked when there is too much GUI  thread
activity and the appropriate event does not get handled. Maybe when
dragging a window GTK blocks in some event, which is 100% GUI  thread
activity from the application's point of view.

> with the timer there's no such problem.

IMHO, This kind of polling is not a good idea (but just a work around).
But of course you can't change what the GTK does when dragging a window :(.

-Michael