[Lazarus] Message Loop paused when no interaction with mouse?

prof7bit at googlemail.com prof7bit at googlemail.com
Thu Apr 21 11:53:15 CEST 2011

On Apr 21, 2011 11:25am, Michael Schnell <mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:
> But I do suppose you did set "gtk2" there ...

Yes, gtk2.

I have problems compiling against Qt, not only with Lazarus,
basically with all kinds of current software, it seems to me
that Qt is releasing a new version every other week and is
totally breaking compatibility with every minor version number
change (at least that is how it appears to me), and all apps
linking against it (including Lazarus) are relying on the very
latest features the very day after a new Qt is released, so
Qt is not an option for me if I have to always deploy hundreds
of MB of qt-xyz libs together with my application to make it
run on more than only the very latest bleeding edge distributions,
so I stopped to even think about using it.

gtk2 has been the only thing that seemed to be constant and
stable, no matter which gtk2 app I try to compile against my
really old gtk2 (or even already compiled binaries from others)
they will just work. At least they did during the last few years.

But this is an entirely different topic...