[Lazarus] FPVectorial and TAChart

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Apr 22 15:01:38 CEST 2011

On Fri, Apr 22, 2011 at 2:55 PM, Alexander Klenin <klenin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> 2) How to measure a text?
>>
> [skip]
>> I think that the best that one could do is guessing.
>
> I know. TAChart's SVG back-end already does trivial "guessing".
> But that is the deficiency of particular back-end (SVG) --
> you do not have to repeat it in the whole fpvectorial.

I was thinking about it and I think that I could add two more
properties to the text element:

Brush
BoundingRectPen

They would allow to fill a rectangular area bellow it and draw a
bounding rectangle, but that's not really a solution for the generic
problem of measuring text which is something that cannot be perfectly
done in vectorial images.

Do you have a better idea?

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho