[Lazarus] The right way of installing FPC to use with Lazarus?

Fr0sT fr0st.brutal at gmail.com
Wed Aug 3 17:05:37 CEST 2011

Hello all.
I spent many time compiling FPC trunk to use with Lazarus trunk
(succeeded after all) but still in doubts what's the right and
simplest way of doing that? In other words, what make option would do
the job?
Lazarus requires rtl and package sources to lay inside <FPC>\sources
while FPC provides them inside fpcsrc folder.
- singlezipinstall option doesn't copy these folders
- sourceinstall does but ignores binaries
- install copies only binaries
Moreover none of the options generates fpc.cfg which is necessary for
Lazarus to operate.

So I wonder how people compile fresh FPC releases to use with Lazarus
and is there some king of automating scripts?

I also wonder why there's no complete build guide somewhere in the
website or README or somewhere else so that people could just follow
the instructons and get what they want (I've read Installing Lazarus
on the wiki indeed — it lacks some aspects).