[Lazarus] rx utilities

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 08:53:02 CEST 2011

I have always had problems with the Rx Library when installing Lazarus until
I lrealized that the current version of is rxnew version 2.1.2.105 which is
the Lazarus-ccr svn.

On the lazarus-ccr packages download page there is rxfpc another version of
rx which is at 1.1.5.98. It all rather confusing with rx 1.0 installed with
Lazarus, rxfpc to be downloaded if rx 1.0 doesn't have all the stuff you
want, then having to get 2.1.2.105 directly from svn.

Can the whole system be rationalized?

Why is there a dependency for rx 1.0 in rxnew 2.1.2, can't they be merged?

A change I have made in my own build is that I have prefixed all the
filenames with rx and renamed the rxapputils in rxnew to rx2apputils so that
the rx 1.0 can be rxapputils.

--
Frank Church