[Lazarus] Extended LazUpdater available: cross-platform install of SVN/Git FPC/Lazarus

Reinier Olislagers reinierolislagers at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 13:59:03 CEST 2011

Hi all,

I've extended LazUpdater.
This program allows you to download and compile a subversion or git
version of FreePascal and Lazarus in an easy way, without fiddling with
batch files.

On Windows: it's meant to be able to do this without existing FPC
compiler, binutils (make.exe etc), svn client or unzip program. If you
do have a compiler installed, you can specify that LazUpdater uses that.
The "bare metal" install (without unzip,svn,compiler) on Windows needs
to be tested further.
I'm using it on Windows with an existing compiler and a git client;
install from scratch & further updating seems to work fine.

On Linux/OSX: this version needs to be tested.

I'm not the original author of the program; I've based my version on the
latest published version of LazUpdater and submitted my version as a
feature request.
So you can download it from:
[url]http://forge.lazarusforum.de/issues/118[/url]
(See the latest post for my most recent version)

If the original author doesn't respond to this feature request, it might
be a good idea to include it in Lazarus CCR

I'd appreciate test results, improvement requests and other feedback.

Thanks,
Reinier