[Lazarus] Editor font height in IDE options

cobines cobines at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 18:16:11 CEST 2011

Hello.

In the IDE there is a combobox where you can choose editor font
height. Is it needed by anyone to set height not size? Normally in
applications you set font size. I understand the difference between
height and size. It may be confusing for someone who doesn't that they
are two different ways of setting font size.

At least on Windows and Linux/Gtk2,Qt you can choose size from the
font dialog. After I choose a font with a font dialog the combobox
text has a negative value, but in the combobox list there are positive
values. It's not consistent.
Either use always negative or always positive.

I would be for removing the combobox altogether. I tried to find some
information why it is there but I haven't found any.

--
cobines