[Lazarus] DBComboBox

"ArĂ­ Ricardo Ody" aro52 at gmx.com
Wed Aug 24 03:39:31 CEST 2011

I have a SQLite 3 database that contains 2 lines.

 I added a SQLite3Dataset to my project and code the following SQL Command in it:

 SELECT * FROM TBLPAR

 I left Active property = true

 I add a Datasource and use the mentioned dataset as the associated dataset.

 I add a DBComboBox and associate the datasource to it.

 The DBComboBox only show the first line of the dataset. I change the SQL in the way the line selected became the second line. The DBComboBox shows only this second line.

 I add a DBLookupComboBox and associate it to the same datasource. None lines are showed, in the both situations.

 I add a DBGrid too. It acts as expected, e.g., show all selected lines.

 May someone tell me what's happen here? I can't use a DBComboBox to select a field from a table? It doesn't show all lines in the table? And about DBLookupComboBox? Where am I making mistakes? I'm not sure but I think that I used these components in the way described above when I was programming in Delphi 2007.

 I was trying to do this in windows 7, but I pretend to run the program in windows mobile

 Greetings from Sao Paulo - Brasil

 Ricardo