[Lazarus] Lazarus doesn't set IDE language correctly

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Wed Aug 31 10:23:18 CEST 2011

Hi,

I have changed my System and Gnome language settings to Afrikaans. I
logged out and then back it to ensure the language change is correct.
My whole Gnome desktop and GTK2 applications (gEdit, Firefox,
OpenOffice etc) are now all in Afrikaans.

Unfortunately Lazarus IDE isn't.  I have the language set to
Automatic, but it still defaults to English. I can force it to
Afrikaans, but what's the point of the Automatic setting then?

Here is some console output to confirm Afrikaans is my language,  and
the command line I use to startup Lazarus. This example shows me using
Lazarus 0.9.30.1, but the problem also exists with the latest Trunk
version of Lazarus.

$ echo $LANG
af_ZA.utf8

$ /opt/lazarus-0.9.30/lazarus --pcp=~/.lazarus-0.9.30/

  - Graeme -