[Lazarus] Should StringGrid1.Clear clear the fixed rows / columns?

John Repucci john.repucci at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 23:14:29 CEST 2011

> From: Jesus Reyes <jesusrmx at yahoo.com.mx>
>

> ... Delphi grids do not implement a clear method :D so this is not a
> compatibility problem, or is it?.
>
> The add-on component VirtualStringView/Tree does implment a clear method
that does not delete the headers.

I can envision cases where I would like a completely empty SG and cases
where I would like the fixed rows / columns to survive.
ex 1: Instead of creating a 2nd SG with a completely different header
structure and purpose, wipe the original, add in the desired new fixed cells
and start to fill it.
ex: 2: (my current case...) Load in data, process it and then I need to
purge the data, so I clear the SG and load in more data.

John