[Lazarus] Should StringGrid1.Clear clear the fixed rows / columns?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 15:54:27 CEST 2011

On 08/02/2011 01:36 PM, t.wieckowski at gmail.com wrote:
> 2011/8/2 Graeme Geldenhuys <graemeg.lists at gmail.com>:
>> Then change Clear to simply clear the grid but keep the fix rows.
>
> what about keeping compatibility, many users will be surprised

Compatibility with what? Lazarus breaks compatibility with itself on a
regular basis [in Trunk and between stable releases]. No developer would
be surprised.

I don't use Lazarus LCL, but I do maintain the LCL support in tiOPF's
MGM implementation. It constantly needs tweaking because LCL changes
behaviour. So Lazarus LCL definitely has NO compatibility between versions!

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/