[Lazarus] TTabControl (d)evolution

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 19:09:20 CEST 2011

On Tue, Aug 2, 2011 at 7:11 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
<DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
> Only the frame is drawn by the TTabControl, the tabs most probably still are
> painted by the TCustomTabControl.

Indeed, you are correct:

constructor TTabControlNoteBookStrings.Create(TheTabControl: TTabControl);
begin
  inherited Create(TheTabControl);
  FNoteBook := TCustomTabControl{%H-}.Create(nil);
  FNoteBook.ControlStyle := FNoteBook.ControlStyle + [csNoDesignSelectable];
  FNoteBook.Parent := TabControl;

What a mess ...

But I wonder how dropping client controls keeps working if it is done
like that. I would think that the TCustomTabControl uses the client
space, so it would not be possible to drop client controls.

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho