[Lazarus] Proper implementation of TDataLink descendant

Alexander Klenin klenin at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 18:53:21 CEST 2011

On Fri, Aug 5, 2011 at 03:39, Luiz Americo Pereira Camara
<luizmed at oi.com.br> wrote:
> On 4/8/2011 13:16, Alexander Klenin wrote:
>>
>> 1) Is there a way to totally disable DataSetChanged events in the dataset?
>
> Yes implement dsBlockRead in TDataset
>
> http://docwiki.embarcadero.com/VCL/en/DB.TDataSet.BlockReadSize

Excellent! This seems to be what I need.
Will a patch implementing event disabling be accepted?

Also, the Borland's design seems very hackish to me.
I would prefer to add DataEventMask: TDataEventSet property
to allow user to mask events separately.
On top of that, dsBlockRead state can be implemented
as setting DataEventMask to full set.
What do you think?

--
Alexander S. Klenin