[Lazarus] Top-posting, was Re: reading FORTRAN-style input in Lazarus

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 10:14:45 CEST 2011

Bottom-posting has many benefits.

1. Your reply is related to a specific (quoted) context, so it is easy to relate
    to your reply, and helps the conversation flow.

2. People with disabilities might use Screen Readers. It is much more beneficial
   for them to have bottom posting because they can then hear what your
   reply relates to.

3. ... use Google to find the rest. This topic has been covered to death.

I think your major issue is the old time gripe I have too. It's not
bottom or top posting, but rather people that are to f*cken lazy to
delete quotes! You then get message that contain some 70+ lines of
quotes and a one or two line reply at the end.  THIS is what annoys me
the most. I have to page-down a few time, just to see the reply. Also
emails client that can show you the summary of new message often fail
to work due to so many quoted lines.

So PLEASE people, don't be so f*cken lazy. Delete unnecessary quotes
form replies! Some email clients are even clever enough to only quote
what you selected before you clicked on the Reply button.

  - Graeme -