[Lazarus] TTabControl (d)evolution

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 5 12:45:16 CEST 2011

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schrieb:
> On Thu, Aug 4, 2011 at 7:27 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
>> I still doubt that ;-)
>
> Well, what do you propose for gtk2 then?

Make the dummy page the one and only page for unpaged tab controls,
usable as the client area of the TTabControl.

>> I don't understand what you mean :-(
>
> Override NewInstance and hardcode TWSWinControl as the WidgetSetClass:
[...]

I still don't understand the need and purpose of all that.

When it's about the event handler types:

IMO it was a bad decision to rename the base class into
TCustomTabControl, when it effectively is the base class of
TPageControl. Revert it to TCustomNotebook, or name it
TCustomPageControl, so that a TCustomTabControl can be derived from that
base class.

DoDi