[Lazarus] Changes to Frame3D in Lazarus 0.9.31

Frank Church vfclists at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:27:35 CEST 2011

On 5 August 2011 12:20, Frank Church <vfclists at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am installing a component that works okay in 0.9.31 and the definition of
> the Frame3D function in extctrls.pp has changed.
>
> The definition in 0.9.30 is not in extctrls.pp. Where is it defined in
> previous versions?
>
> The component uses
>
>  Frame3D( Self.Canvas.Handle, R, FFrameWidth, bvRaised );
>>

> and the definition in 0931 is below.
>
> // Wrapper function for TCanvas.Frame3D.
>> procedure Frame3D(ACanvas: TCanvas; var ARect: TRect;
>>   TopColor, BottomColor: TColor; const FrameWidth: integer);
>> begin
>>   ACanvas.Frame3D(ARect, TopColor, BottomColor, FrameWidth);
>> end;
>>

> Top and bottom colour are included and FrameWidth is ignored.
>
> Is there some other wrapper to make the old code compatible with this one,
> or does it have to forego the style property altogether, and fill in
> something for the colors?

In Graphics.pp there are 2 definitions of Frame3d and the one in extcrtls.pp
matches the second one.

I am not that familiar with the LCL internals and it is something I'd rather
not fiddle with

Can't the first one also be declared and implemented in a similar style?

    procedure Frame3d(var ARect: TRect; const FrameWidth: integer;

--
Frank Church