[Lazarus] Simulating a DBNavigator

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:34:20 CEST 2011

The problem is caused because TDBNavigator uses TSpeedButton to
implement it's buttons, which are buttons which cannot receive focus.

This is Delphi-compatible, but to me this is also a major
accessibility issue. It means that blind people for example cannot use
TDBNavigator!

To fix this I want to introduce a Options property with the style
noFocusableButton. If this option is activated, then the buttons will
be based on TBitBtn instead, so the control will be accessible, so it
remain fully Delphi compatible, but you can adapt it to be accessible
too.

Any comments or anyone opposed?

--
Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho