[Lazarus] Top-posting, was Re: reading FORTRAN-style input in Lazarus

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Fri Aug 5 14:48:21 CEST 2011

Am 05.08.2011 13:40, schrieb Fr0sT:

> Sven Barth wrote:
>>
>> I don't think so (IMHO). The advantage with mailing lists is that if
>> I've missed some days I can easily reread the messages without having a
>> continous internet connection (thus I can read on the train, etc),
>> because the mails are stored in my mail client (only once a connection
>> for downloading the mails needed).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Sven
>>
> RSS.
> Maillist requires you to receive all of the mails, and you must clear your
> mailbox from all these messages; multiple quoting of one message is trouble,
> and quoting multiple messages inside one message is absolute hell.

I don't clear my mailbox. ^^ I'm using GoogleMail for my mailing lists
and access that using IMAP. Then I've also added filters that
automatically sort the messages into the correct folders and presto.
Wunderful. Also if I cancel reading on one computer (my mobile computer)
and continue reading on my other one (my home computer) I can continue
where I left of if I've resynced the first computer with GoogleMail
again. For RSS you need either to use an online service that you can
access from different computers or you need some additional software
that can manage the state of your read entries. That is why I have my
RSS feeds only on one computer.

But enough of that. That's my opinion and personal taste.

Regards,
Sven