[Lazarus] Migrating from Laz 0.9.30 (fixes_0_9_30) to Laz 0.9.31 (trunk)

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Aug 6 02:34:02 CEST 2011

> Now, I'm downloading a new Lazarus' source, from trunk, to start again.
> But my question is: how I can migrates my packages, components and
> configurations from my old Lazarus to new?

Configuration is all stored in

Vista:
C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Local\lazarus

XP  c:\Document and Settings\somewhere\lazarus

linux
/home/yourname/.lazarus

So it should all be kept.
you can backup it if you whish.

If you have paralell installations, you must have one folder for each
install (or it will get messy over time...)
start lazarus with --primary-config-path=\whatever\directory\