[Lazarus] OT: Delphi XE2 uses FPC, plus VCL just not portable

Dimitri Smits smitco at telenet.be
Sun Aug 7 22:00:39 CEST 2011

----- "Graeme Geldenhuys" <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> schreef:

> [rant]
> Now Embarcadero p**sed me off even more. They have this WORLD TOUR,
> demoing what's new in Delphi XE2. Yeah, world tour my ass. That big
> continent in the middle of a world map - AFRICA - it's not part of the
> world as far as Embarcadero is concerned. Not a single event in the
> whole African continent! At least in the days of Borland Delphi, they
> recognized Africa as part of the world, and had regular events here in
> South Africa.
> [/rant]

while I agree with you on that one, Graeme, I can't help but being a nitpicker :-)

"the middle of the world map" does not exist. If by the depiction you mean conventional Greenwich 0 meridian = horizontal centre, then: yes. But there have been times where the "centre of the world map" used to be the part of the world you just happened to live in. (the Brittish just seem to have won ;-))

met vriendelijke groeten,
Dimitri Smits