[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : Migrating from Laz 0.9.30 (fixes_0_9_30) toLaz0.9.31(trunk)

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Sun Aug 7 23:34:20 CEST 2011

On Sun, Aug 7, 2011 at 7:20 AM, Martin <lazarus at mfriebe.de> wrote:
> On 07/08/2011 03:16, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>> How do you works with that?
>
> I never had a problem with installed packages, but I always upgrade in
> place.
> I use SVN to update my sources / but using install ,and installing the new
> version in the exact same place than the old should work too.

I want to continue with a stable version (FPC and Lazarus) before migrates.
I use SVN too, but I have one directory for each version of FPC or Lazarus.

> I can't comment on make, is use the build option from the menu.
>
> And last not least (because you had problems finding system.ppu).
>  If you get errors like this, somewhere your configuration (search path) is
> wrong. In this case if it compiled while old ppu files where in-place, it is
> expected that it would not work (as versions would be randomly mixed)
> If your fpc was (as it is on normal windows installations) inside the
> lazarus directory, then find the fpc.cfg and make sure it has the correct
> -Fu paths. Same if ou rename/move the fpc directory.

I have a different directory for each FPC. See below my directories:
 c:\freepascal\compiler\2.4.5
 c:\freepascal\compiler\2.6.0
 c:\freepascal\ide\laz\0.9.30
 c:\freepascal\ide\laz\0.9.31

Each FPC has your fpc.cfg (but they are equal).

Marcos Douglas