[Lazarus] Delphi XE2 uses FPC, plus VCL just not portable

Max Vlasov max.vlasov at gmail.com
Mon Aug 8 05:58:20 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 8, 2011 at 2:06 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com>wrote:

> Lots of things that are Windows specific it what stops it. EMB can't
> change or remove those Windows features because that will break
> thousands of existing Delphi programs. So what was EMB left with -
> they had to start something new, with no legacy code to worry about.
> That is what there cross-platform toolkit is built on.

Small correction, I think this was not a vision or partly a vision,
FireMonkey is mostly Eugeny Krukov's KSDev (http://www.ksdev.com/) bought by
Embarcadero several months ago. He already done all cross-platform stuff and
his library was already fpc-compatible. You can see the screenshots at
http://ksdev.blogspot.com/, unfortunately all the demos were closed, but I
guess we will see many similarities when the actual XE2 will appear.

Max