[Lazarus] RE : RE : Forms in DLL

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Mon Aug 8 19:22:10 CEST 2011

I have tried it. From main program, one button call a procedure in a DLL
with a form. Inside this procedure I code this:

Application.Initialize;
Application.CreateForm(TForm2, Form2);
Form2.ShowModal();

Is this Ok?

In my apps I used Form2:=TForm2.create(nil); instead of
Application.CreateForm(TForm2,Form2);  I don't think that makes a lot of
difference for the main (from dll perspective), modal window.

What I can see is that main window in programa never is blocked so I can
access both modal and main window. If I click twice button to get two modal
windows from DLL, both are modal and now I can access last window created
and main window.

Are all controls working in both the main and the modal window? Clicking on
buttons, entering data, tabbing from one control to another, etc.

Ludo