[Lazarus] RE : Forms in DLL

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Aug 9 14:37:47 CEST 2011

On 08/09/2011 02:19 PM, Juan Sánchez wrote:

> When I call DLL funtion (DllMessage) from main program, new Window
> shows but it's imposible to close it with close button in title bar.
> It only closes where I close main window.

I did understand this, please try with the new created TApplication
instance, too. But maybe this does not help in case the dll loading code
already does create it's own Application instance. In case it uses the
one created by the main program creating a new instance might help.

Did you create a button on the Form ? (Can you use the form designer to
do this ?)

Regarding using the form designer: Of course you need to include the
appropriate resource to have CreateForm create the correct form :) .

Maybe it's easier to for a first test create the form and it's
components manually instead of using the complex functionality of
"CreateForm"

Does clicking the button work ?

-Michael