[Lazarus] SQLdb not detect automatically Required field

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 23:49:02 CEST 2011

On 9 August 2011 23:11, silvioprog wrote:

> No problem. ;) It seems to be a bug in fcl-db.

I read the bug report you listed, but haven't taken a look at the
sample project attached to that report. I use SqlDB (which falls under
the fcl-db umbrella) extensively, but haven't found any major issues.
Those that I have found via the extensive test suite of tiOPF has
already been addressed. I'll be extending the tiOPF SqlDB support to
cover PostgreSQL, MySQL etc in the test suite too - make they will
raise some issues (but I hope not). I also want to try out the open
source IBX components for FPC.

> My framework will not have many resources. It will be a very simple
> framework. It will generate only a few simple SQL scripts, such as
> select, insert, update, and something with join.

Maybe you should give tiOPF2 a try after all. For simple SQL, the
tiOPF has what is called Auto-Mapping, and can generate all the SQL
for you. My projects are a bit more complex, so I manage the SQL
myself (with the help of utility apps).

> One question, tiOPF is compatible with CGI apps?

Definitely. We have a large product built with tiOPF. It has a Desktop
GUI and a CGI Web interface. About 90% of the code is shared between
the different frontends because most of the code is non-gui code. We
have a good separation between GUI, Business Objects/Rules and Storage
(db persistence), so this made things very easy.

  - Graeme -