[Lazarus] RE : Forms in DLL

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Aug 10 13:09:12 CEST 2011

On 08/10/2011 11:02 AM, Juan Sánchez wrote:

>     If you really get this working reliably (on Windows, Linux and
>     Mac), it would be great to offer an addition to the Lazarus,
>     allowing for creating a "dll/so GUI Application" for everybody to use.
>
> This would be a great notice. I'll try it with all possible ideas. I'm
> with you that it will be great for people to get creating a GUI
> Application in DLL. We'll get it, sure!!!!

In the past, there were some efforts to allow a DLL/so to use the GUI of
the main program and e.g. create additional forms in that context.

AFAIK, this is possible by synchronizing the memory manager and passing
some pointers for application and/or forms.

The downside is:
  - I seem to remember that it is quite complicated to do
  - this is only possible if the main program is done with Lazarus as well
  - I don't know if the GUI designer can be used for this.

So your works seems to offer a better choice.

-Michael