[Lazarus] RAS -API for Win32 (and WinCE)

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 11 14:13:20 CEST 2011

Am 10.08.2011 15:04, schrieb Tommi Prami:
> Hello, seems that RAS-api is only available for WinCE, if so (that I am
> not mistaken), why is that, and how I would get the API easiest way for
> both WinCE and Win32
>
> (I need to kick up the GPRS connection and redo that if it disconnects).
> (We use lNet as internet connection component, and it seems that it does
> not kick the connection up. Seems that .NET does just that on WinCE...)
>
> Any hints on this???

1. Don't hijack other threads, because it unpolite and also you are
likely to not receive answers, because one might think that you answer
belongs to the thread.

2. It seems that nobody was yet interested in using RAS on Windows. You
can try to use the RAS unit from WinCE which is located in
%fpc%\packages\winceunits\src\. You need to change the "{$calling
cdecl}" to "{$calling stdcall}" and then this "should" be enough to
compile on Windows. Maybe you need to compare the used functions to the
ones on MSDN to see whether they are the same for WinCE and Win32.

3. Regarding GPRS. I might have a solution for that, but currently I
don't have access to the code; you'd need to wait till this evening,
then I can check whether that could help you.

Regards,
Sven