[Lazarus] Converting C# GUI to Lazarus

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Aug 12 22:03:07 CEST 2011

ik schrieb:
> Hello List,
>
> I've been evangelisting  FPC and Lazarus for a lot of time now,  and
> today on the biggest annual open source event over here
> (http://august.penguin.org.il/) I was approached by a person that wish
> to convert C# application to Lazarus, but he can not find any tools that
> can help him do so (finally people try it instead of saying "it's
> pascal, i'm not interested").
> It's a commercial application at the company he is working at.
>
> So my question is, is there a known tool or an easy way to do it ?

Automatic conversion won't work, I fear, due to substancial differences
of the object models in CLR and FCL/LCL (garbage collection...), not to
mention the very different LCL itself.

A conversion to Delphi.Prism looks feasable to me, because it only
requires syntactical changes to the source code. But FPC/Lazarus do not
support a .NET target.

DoDi