[Lazarus] Finding the Right List

Curt Carpenter 1cjcarpenter at att.net
Sat Aug 13 22:22:03 CEST 2011

On 8/13/2011 3:11 PM, Vincent Snijders wrote:
> 2011/8/13 Curt Carpenter<1cjcarpenter at att.net>:
>> Forgive me for the intrusion, but I'm brand new to Lazarus and trying to
>> find the correct list to address with my questions.  Example:  What is the
>> "General widget set restrictions" tab in the object inspector window?
>>
> This is the right list.
>
>> The list here is clearly for the well-experienced and I don't want to
>> clutter -- but I'm not having any luck finding the right list and the
>> "forums" link on the Lazarus home page seems to be broken.
>>
> What link on what page?
>
>> A pointer would be much appreciated.
> If you want a forum, try here:
> http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php?action=forum
>
> Vincent

Thanks for the instantaneous reply!   I will post my questions here when
I can't find the answers on my own.  (I'm a Delphi user since D1, but
think it's time for me to abandon ship there.)

When I installed Lazarus yesterday (Windows XP box),  the Lazarus
directory included a shortcut to
http://www.lazarus.freepascal.org/modules.php?op=modload&name=PNphpBB2&file=index
When I use this link, I get a "Not Found" report from my Firefox browser.

Can you point me to an answer to  "What is the "General widget set
restrictions" tab in the object inspector window?"   A pointer to the
correct place in the docs would be most helpful, since I'm trying to
learn how to use those as well, and
need the experience.

Thanks again!

Curt